All previous expansions have been included in this Second Edition!
Darkest Night: Second Edition is a fully cooperative board game for up to five players. Set in a broken kingdom under a Necromancer's shadow, each player takes on the role of one of the kingdom's last defending heroes.
Searching the kingdom provides new powers and equipment to strengthen you and your party. You can also acquire additional abilities that can help you elude the Necromancer's forces, accelerate your searches for items and artifacts, and more.
As the Necromancer gains power, more and more ravenous undead infest the land, eventually invading the hallowed sanctuary of the Monastery. And if the Monastery falls, the Necromancer wins and the kingdom is swallowed in darkness!
- Counters will be die-cut from high quality compressed cardboard.
- The cards will be printed on cored paper with a linen finish to them.
- The game will come in a telescoping box.
- A Compendium booklet expands on how various hero power combinations effect gameplay.
- The game board will be larger and mounted to cardboard.
- Kickstarter campaign exclusive Necromancer mini.
- New artwork designs have been done for all components of the game.
1 game box
1 consolidated rulebook
1 compendium book
1 mounted map (17" x 22")
1 double-sided player aide (8.5" x 11")
1 PVC necromancer mini 33mm (print run exclusive)
1 necromancer standee with plastic stand
29 hero standees with plastic stands
29 hero sheets
80 blight counters
45 item counters
49 various other counters
290 power cards
20 quest cards (+10 new cards in this edition)
63 event cards
35 artifact cards (+10 new cards in this edition)
20 mystery cards (+10 new cards in this edition)
20 darkness cards (+10 new cards in this edition)
50 tarot-sized mapcards
10 6-sided dice
Playtime: 150 min