Black Powder Second Edition Rulebook
Hardback 200 page rulebook.
With Master and Commander promo miniature. While Supplies Last.
This book describes the Black Powder game and its various procedures and rules as played by the authors and their friends. The authors’ aim is to enable and encourage the reader to recreate the great battles of the 18th and 19th centuries with armies of model soldiers on the tabletop.
As well as providing for the fundamentals of warfare such as the command of troops, movement on the battlefield, the effects of musketry and artillery, and the role of morale, the book includes numerous examples of further rules allowing the player to tailor games to their own preferences.
Anyone who owns a copy of the first set of rules will want to upgrade to this splendid new lavishly illustrated edition. The book has been updated, the rules have not been changed.
As well as the rules set and army lists the book contains twelve complete examples of Black Powder battles, embracing a range of conflicts.
• Battle of Elixheim – War of the Spanish Succession, 1705
• Battle of Clifton Moor – Jacobite Rising, 1745
• Raid on Fort Ligonier – French and Indian War, 1758
• Battle of Chinsurah – Seven Years’ War, 1759
• Battle of Bunker Hill – American War of Independence, 1775
• Battle of North Point – The War of 1812, 1814
• Quatre Bras – Napoleonic War, 1815
• The Eve of Waterloo – Napoleonic War, 1815
• Battle of Kernstown – American Civil War, 1862
• Battle of Antietam – American Civil War, 1862
• Battle of Dead Man’s Creek – Sioux War, 1876-77
• Action on the iNyezane – Zululand, 1879